Author Topic: Playa de Gulpiyuri  (Read 4227 times)

Offline John

• Tuk Tuk Tours
Playa de Gulpiyuri
« on: January 23, 2014, 13:16 PM »
Cannot find any reference to this place on the site. Look at the picture and ask yourself if your eyes are deceiving you. A must visit for anybody visiting  Asturia
Small and friendly tours in the Costa Blanca

http://www.tuktuktours.co.uk

Iberianature Forum

Playa de Gulpiyuri
« on: January 23, 2014, 13:16 PM »

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
Re: Playa de Gulpiyuri
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 21:11 PM »
ooohhhhhhhhhhhh the beach is the wrong way round.......... Thats a great picture!
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline StripeyCat

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 00:12 AM »
Wow, that's great! I've never seen anything like it! :sign:

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 10:27 AM »
Hi all
Got this info from the internet.
Most unusual of all is Playa de Gulpiyuri near Llanes. It has all the essentials of any beach anywhere: sand, salt-water, rocks, cliffs, waves and tide. But it is surrounded 360° by fields! This beach is over 100 metres from the sea.
Gulpiyuri is a deep hollow in the land linked to the sea by a natural underground channel. The tides drive the sea in and out providing all the essentials of the seaside, except a sea view.
The playa is only about 50 metres across but few people ever visit so you are unlikely to be bothered by crowds. There is next-to-no signposting (use Google Maps or GPS, coordinates 43.447622, -4.886127) and you will have to trek along a coastal footpath to get there. When you reach it, the sight of this amazing little place is your reward for taking the trouble to go where few people will follow. from http://www.littlehotels.co.uk/articles/articlegulpiyuri.php

Offline Juan-P

• Knowall's Awesome Almería
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 22:53 PM »
Thanks for posting that, john, it really is interesting. I've had a look on Google earth and they've even been there in the streetview car!
Seems unique.
 :)

Offline John

• Tuk Tuk Tours
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 02:50 AM »
As I said it is an astonishing place to see, but not sure if it is unique... when I was there in the summer , I thought the guy in the hotel we were staying at mentioned there were others around!
Small and friendly tours in the Costa Blanca

http://www.tuktuktours.co.uk