Iberianature Forum

A great source of information

• 1 Replies

Offline quentin

« on: June 24, 2014, 12:10 PM »
Having just replied to a previous post I thought I should mention an App that is a great aid to field identification of birds as well as a huge source of information regarding distribution, breeding, populations, habitat, voice and so on. It is taken from the mighty tome called "The Birds of the Western Palearctic". Normally I much prefer books to screen based media but this is very useful as it is possible to hear songs and calls as well as being a resource readily available for anyone who carries a iPhone or iPad.

Unfortunately a small amount of the birds encountered in Southern Spain (being a guide for Northern Europe) are not featured on the App but I still highly recommend it. I think it costs about €20 which is considerably less than the £160 being asked for the book(S).

I apologise if I'm not supposed to promote things in this way. Here is a web address that will give more information.

ttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/birds-of-northern-europe/id377591383?mt=8

Andy

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 19:07 PM »
Thanks for that link... Now all i need is a phone built in the 21st century and not the one i have that is somewhat prehistoric :)
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey