Iberianature Forum

Petition "No more golf courses in Spain! ¡No más campos de golf en España!"

• 2 Replies

Offline lisa

• Full Shroomy
    • Accommodation and Activities in the Picos de Europa
« on: August 14, 2007, 15:16 PM »
If you've arrived here from the petition "No more golf courses in Spain!" Welcome and please browse through the topic "Driving over golf courses" for information, some interesting links and our reasons for starting this petition. Thankyou in advance for signing.

Quisiéramos darle la bienvenida a iberianature forum, y a su vez, las gracias de antemano por firmar la petición "¡No más campos de golf en España!"
Esperamos que los temas y enlaces sean de su interés y que nuestros argumentos en contra de la construcción descontrolada e irracional de más campos de golf le sean de utilidad. Navega el tema "Driving over golf courses".

:sign:

If you haven't signed yet and would like to, click on this link to go to our petition.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 10:41 AM by lisa »
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Accommodation, ski touring, snowshoeing, walking and info on the flora and fauna of the Picos de Europa.
SAVE SPANISH BEARS!
And now,
The Picos de Europa
Your complete English guide to these beautiful mountains of Northern Spain.

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 13:58 PM »
Hi!

On behalf of iberianature forum, I just want to thank all the people who signed the ¡NO MAS CAMPOS DE GOLF EN ESPAÑA! - NO MORE GOLF COURSES IN SPAIN! petition.

Although the list is now closed - by the hosting Web site, Care2 - while it was open, it received 102 signatures by people concerned about this issue from all over the world:

Australia
Canada
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Portugal
Romania
Spain
Sweden
UK
USA - just about every state

Thanks/Gracias! :clapping:

Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline lisa

• Full Shroomy
    • Accommodation and Activities in the Picos de Europa
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 00:45 AM »
I was recently chatting to a man who works in Africa (sorry, can't remember which country). He advises local people on water usage. Turns out he part-owns a property on a golf course in Iberia. He didn't know where the irrigation water came from.

This is the email that signers of the petition have received;

"A big Thankyou! to everyone who signed this petition, our small drop of awareness in an ocean of ignorance and greed. Water is our most important natural resource and shouldn't be taken for granted."

Onwards and upwards..............
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Accommodation, ski touring, snowshoeing, walking and info on the flora and fauna of the Picos de Europa.
SAVE SPANISH BEARS!
And now,
The Picos de Europa
Your complete English guide to these beautiful mountains of Northern Spain.