Iberianature Forum

Rosy-faced Lovebirds?

• 2 Replies

Offline Pedro Benissa

« on: March 24, 2018, 10:14 AM »
Hi again! We've tried to attract local attractive birds by putting out food for them in coconut shells and for last 2 years have only attracted sparra's that like to bicker & fight each other over them! Imagine our joy just before Xmas just gone when this little character appeared. After a few days another one appeared, with darker more defined colours which I presume to be an older possibly parent bird. Eventually we had FOUR on a feeder we encouraged them onto, 2 parent & 2 younger birds. Now they're back to one of each I presume the other 2 are nesting eggs. I remember my Father used to have them visit regularly 8 or 9 years ago before he passed, but not seen them since.  Lovely to see them & hear their chirpy cheep so close outside our window, quite delightful! Cheers!

Ps. I'm new so don't know if I can post photos or small videos of them to share? Would someone please kindly advise me how? Many thanks.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 15:29 PM by Pedro Benissa »

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 14:59 PM »
Escapes I would suppose from pet shops and house pets that have managed to breed and survive... Much like the monks parakeets that are pretty much all along the coast from Gibraltar to barecelona now.... :)
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline Pedro Benissa

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 15:12 PM »
Yes, thanks Clive, that was our assumption too. Pretty little things they are, quite tame too, you can get quite close to them. Thanks for the reply!