Iberianature Forum

What Eagle/Vulture?

• 21 Replies

Offline Pedro Benissa

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2018, 09:52 AM »
Hi again. I think Paul (original poster) found the right conclusion himself. I've further studied his own added page on Golden Eagles and the pictures do look extremely like the one I saw. I said to my partner Joan, I "think" it had fingers, although she didn't totally agree, but I'm happy that was the very bird. That would explain it's HUGE size. To spot it as far away as I did in the first instance, and then with it passing overhead much closer up, it was wonderful to see albeit very, very briefly. I presume they are territorial so if back walking that way again iI may be spotted again. For your own info, it was slightly West of the Font de la Mata area, walking the start of the Riberers Route from Benissa to Gata. Many thanks, sorry if I've dragged on! Cheers!

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 14:56 PM »
Hi Pedro and welcome to the forum..... :)

I am 99 percent sure that the bird described in the original post is a golden eagle..... Never can be sure without a good image but a process of eliminiation rules out every other raptor...
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey