Iberianature Forum

mystery foot prints

• 2 Replies

Offline shiner

« on: March 15, 2008, 12:30 PM »
A few weeks ago, walking back down the mountain several days after one of our many spells  of rain, I noticed an unusual foot print, not the norm, my  dogs, El Zoro, Jabelin, this was cat like four toes inline with a thumb print slightly lower, to the left therfor a right foot, size approx twice that of a domestic cat, also along side it was a left paw mark onlt half the size,looking arround I found  another print approx a size ten boot lenght behind the front print. I was getting quite exited and was unlimbering my camera when one of my dogs came back to see what was holding my interest and promptly plonked his great foot in it ,literally, so no foto.

I know we have Ginet and possibly pole cat are there pine martins? any sites with info on animal tracks particularly here in Spain would be useful--today heard the first Oriel it's all happening in Gatova

Offline lisa

• Full Shroomy
    • Accommodation and Activities in the Picos de Europa
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 06:25 AM »
Hi shiner, how about badger? This Sierra de Baza site has some good info on animal tracks. The size ten-like boot print was probably a size ten boot print  :)
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Accommodation, ski touring, snowshoeing, walking and info on the flora and fauna of the Picos de Europa.
SAVE SPANISH BEARS!
And now,
The Picos de Europa
Your complete English guide to these beautiful mountains of Northern Spain.

Offline shiner

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 17:08 PM »
Hi Lisa nuh, not a badger---cat like no exposed claws ,yep the size ten foot print  was mine very certain of that as I was standing in it at the time, thanks