Iberianature Forum

Signs of spring, 2019.

• 2 Replies

Offline Petrea

• Cómpeta - Axarquía
    • Cómpeta Naturaleza
« on: March 12, 2019, 19:55 PM »
The snakes are getting out of their winter hideouts - perhaps they have better not, since the two I have observed so far were both dead!  :'(  Last week it was a tiny ladder snake, dead on my garden path. Today I found a run-over snake (probably Montpellier) in the Sierra Almijara (alt. appr. 1000m).

Better luck to the next ones!  :technodevil:

Petrea
Cómpeta Naturaleza,  http://picasaweb.google.com/104328707567851681445

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.   (Thomas R. Dewar)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 09:28 AM »
Hi Petrea, lovely to here from you!

Here in Grazalema spring is well on its way... Swallows are back and looking for a nest site, The blue tits are already tidying up in the next boxes we put up earlier last month and I saw the first Ocelated lizard out and about yesterday... Geckos are out in the evening as well... I leave an outside light on for a while to attract the moths and bugs so that they can have their first snacks since they hibernated last November.

I like springtime a lot especially as my favorite passtime to get away from the computer is playing with the kids in the veggie garden and sowing seeds.......
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 10:12 AM »
Springtime in Grazalema is not just restricted to the countryside. The patios and balconies are looking pretty good as well.... See the photos here...
http://grazalemaguide.com/blog/colourful-grazalema-in-springtime/
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey