• 7 Replies

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« on: July 04, 2007, 15:42 PM »
Hola,

We had an earthquake here measuring 4.5... Unfortunately a bottle of wine made me sleep through it but people in the nearby village of El Bosque reported shaking furniture etc...

Details are at http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Maps/10/355_35.php (Click on the little yellow square on the map for further info

I think there was another one a few weeks ago as back then we noticed a lot of small rocks had fallen onto the mountain roads that could have been caused by goats or other animals...

Clive
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 20:37 PM »
Greetings Clive and Sue,
¡Vaya susto!
Isn't that a bit of an old chestnut  ;D - sleeping through an earthquake? Methinks Simon will be able to explain it to you if you don't geddit. 8)
Regs.
Technopat
Ps.
A whole bottle? oh! you young 'uns!
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Simon

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 17:47 PM »
Er umm, not so sure Techno. The nearest that springs to mind is from Dr Hook and the Medecine Show's 'I got stoned and I missed it . . .'

Give me more of a clue on your chestnut and I'll be there I promise!

Simes

Offline lisa

• Full Shroomy
    • Accommodation and Activities in the Picos de Europa
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 22:41 PM »
TP and Simon - the earth didn't move for Clive?  ::)
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Accommodation, ski touring, snowshoeing, walking and info on the flora and fauna of the Picos de Europa.
SAVE SPANISH BEARS!
And now,
The Picos de Europa
Your complete English guide to these beautiful mountains of Northern Spain.

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 23:08 PM »
Oooooooooh! Wicked, Lisa! >:D

Right, came here to reply to Simon's Dr Hook ref., after having spent the afternoon listening to Makin' it natural (and couldn't resist The cover ...). Classics.

As for the chestnut: 'Nother clue - The Story of William (San Francisco earthquake).

Regs.
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:

Simon

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 05:22 AM »
Hi Lisa and Technopat,

Thanks for helping me out on this one, I think I now see the light.

While Sue has been ordained to care for the Great Clive’s mere physical needs, the rest of us ambient Shroomies have been tasked to go out into the world, mingling with the people to preach and convert. But perhaps we have angered the Deity in some way. Yes, Clive, the Great All Seeing All knowing One, has, in His wisdom set us mere mortal Shroomies a test!

I prostrate myself before thee, Oh Great One, and beg to rephrase His Majesties question into a form that our more humble minds may begin to understand: ‘If the Great Clive was unaware of the earthquake, did an earthquake happen at all?

Aooooooooom!

Simon

PS I'm checking out The Story of William

Offline lisa

• Full Shroomy
    • Accommodation and Activities in the Picos de Europa
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 08:32 AM »
Always been a Deep Purple fan myself so all of this is way over my little head.
(Blame the link on Simon's "see the light" = "see the line"  8))

Just to prove that Clive didn't dream about the earthquake....
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Accommodation, ski touring, snowshoeing, walking and info on the flora and fauna of the Picos de Europa.
SAVE SPANISH BEARS!
And now,
The Picos de Europa
Your complete English guide to these beautiful mountains of Northern Spain.

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 11:55 AM »
Greetings Lisa,
And you believe what you read in the papers?  :o And the freeby toe joke rags, at that?
So suddenly Clive needs outside help to help him restore his standing here at iberianatureforum ... smacks too much of a Coalition of the ..., but I digress, I digress ...