Iberianature Forum

I think I have caught TPitis - see the blog

• 4 Replies

Offline SueMac

• Susan Bearder
« on: July 31, 2007, 13:36 PM »
Hi Clive and everyone.

I really have... I think I have posted at least three times this week both in the diary, an article on Lorca Semana Santa separate to the diary and I am about to put up a piece on Federico Garcia Lorca. so that is at www.nativespain.com/blog/455

My personal website is undergoing change at present.

Also have portfolio on www.lpa-folios.com under Susan Bearder
SueMac

Now mainly blogging on www.suevista.blogspot.com Vistas from Afar - A European Garden Blog

Offline SueMac

• Susan Bearder
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Hi all  I am replying here to myself but August entries are up  and here I expose my taste in wine and food. Be gentle.
SueMac
SueMac

Now mainly blogging on www.suevista.blogspot.com Vistas from Afar - A European Garden Blog

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 14:54 PM »
Greetings SueMac,
Thanx for the links - just read your interesting thing on Murcian wine. The bit about the local producer refusing to be told how to make wine does nicely sum up the D.O. bit. There are now many traditional bodegas producing excellent wines which they choose to leave out of the D.O. system, for various reasons, one of which is that they are given only a certain amount of D.O. labels, and if they happen to have produced an excellent wine in quantities that exceed the number of labels they've been given, they end up selling the same quality wine but without the label.

Other explanations that I've been given, but can't remember right now. There is also an increasing number of 'vinos de autor' that are also out of the D.O. system, and which I've never tried, as they are way over my price bracket - or even interest, 'cos I'm more than satisfied with the many I already know and like.

But on the other hand, as I have mentioned elsewhere on iberianatureforum, please don't spread the word too much 'bout the quality of Sp. wine - the free market instinct of making a quick buck soon leads to the producer realising that he makes more money exporting than staying local and then at local level we end up with stuff that's not of high enough level to export - nasty vicious circle, but that's how it is.

And now that I've read your blog thing on the wedding feast, given the context, I fear reckon that the mysterious king prawn ceremony is just the fanfare typical of the banquetes de bodas. My Murcian friend is still away, but as soon as he answers my email, I'll get back to you on that one.

Can't remember when you were off, but good luck in the LOG with exhib. and wedding!

Regs.
Technopat
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 15:18 PM by Technopat »
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 15:05 PM »
Ps. Still haven't been able to find Lorca article - am I looking in the right place? :banghead:
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline SueMac

• Susan Bearder
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 18:19 PM »
Hi TP et al
The FGL article is just that -  it isnt in the blog so you need to run down the side. And click on... The thing is at the moment admin are improving the layout etc   so even I have to go and have a look...
Ah yes on the the right side of the page there is a heading 'Recent articles'. There is also an article about butterflies by Simon Harris.well its pouring with rain down here so I am going out for a wash now.....
Sue Mac

SueMac