Author Topic: Juv Egyptian Vultures  (Read 2861 times)

Offline spanishfreelander

• Badajoz
Juv Egyptian Vultures
« on: October 29, 2007, 22:58 PM »
Hi all,
Just got back from a long and tiring journry up to Extremadurra...house buying,etc

We stopped at a "Mirador"..hope thats correct..overlooking Garcia Solo Lake and the River Guadiana...
Heather spotted the first Vulture swooping down from the cliffs overlooking the river,and it was soon joined by about 30 in total...very hard to take a decent pic at the height they were soaring at,and the little blighters wouldnt come over this side of the river where we were.

Looking at them on the pc,and looking again at my "collins" guide..are they Juv Egyptian Vultures?

Someone confirm for me please,one way or the other please..
Thanks
Dave

Iberianature Forum

Juv Egyptian Vultures
« on: October 29, 2007, 22:58 PM »

Offline PeterJ

Re: Juv Egyptian Vultures
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 23:37 PM »
Hi Dave,

How's the move going? Getting back to the subject and your collin's guide  :booklook: take another look and especially at the tail shape. Granted the reflected light on the 1st photo shows, until you blow it up, white and black, similar to an adult gypt, but afraid to tell you that they are all those wonderful masters of the air Griffon Vultures.

:dancing:

Peter
www.spanishbirds.com

Offline spanishfreelander

• Badajoz
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 00:30 AM »
Cheers Peter,
I'll get one right in the end...even if it kills me... ;D
Got all the papers signed today..new flat rented until the house is completed and the big move is this Thurs morning.
My stress levels should be down a bit by then...and great news..get my repaired car back in the morning..

Little note to all the other forum users...please dont let anyone smash into the front of your car here in spain..
Mine has been off the road since the 22nd sept..and its cost me nearly 700 euros in car hire fees,which you dont get back in spain..and i'm the guy who is not at fault!!
Plus...the trapped nerve is giving me some grief as well...
Thats life i suppose...esp translation please... ;D
Dave

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 01:13 AM »
Greetings Dave,
Sorry to see that your stress levels are high. Good luck with move on Thursday - watch that trapped nerve and don't be tempted to help anyone lift things.
As I can't think of any practical advice re. the insurance side of things or on the medical side, not much else to add, really, is there mate!
Sympathetic regs.,
Technopat

PS.
¡Así es la vida! or ¡La vida es así! are the bland, philosophical expressions. I could let you know of others but it'll have to be over the PMS (is that what it's called?), as the P-that-B. get all worked up at the use of spicy language and I've already had one - undeserved, I hasten to add - warning
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266