Iberianature Forum

No More Golf Courses in Spain

• 4 Replies

Offline lisa

• Full Shroomy
    • Accommodation and Activities in the Picos de Europa
« on: February 09, 2008, 07:57 AM »
The petition No More Golf Courses in Spain is receiving a belated first push on Care2. I've joined the Greenpeace, Environmental Defense and National Geographic groups asking for signatures and have added it to my personal page.
If anyone wants to have a look through the Group's Environmental category to find some more relevant groups, I'll post it on.
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Accommodation, ski touring, snowshoeing, walking and info on the flora and fauna of the Picos de Europa.
SAVE SPANISH BEARS!
And now,
The Picos de Europa
Your complete English guide to these beautiful mountains of Northern Spain.

Offline SueMac

• Susan Bearder
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 09:30 AM »
Hi Lisa

Sitting in some cafe looking through their copy of el mundo I noticed there was a big piece about Andalucia and golf courses...must have been Wednesday.  It seemed to be about the use of water and a moratorium on building courses.  Also if they are built they had to be up to a very high standard with a lot of other amenities which would enhance the tourist business.  Now I might be right off my trolley but someone with better spanish might have picked up on this and may understand the context better.. SueMac
SueMac

Now mainly blogging on www.suevista.blogspot.com Vistas from Afar - A European Garden Blog

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 16:35 PM »
Greetings SueMac,
Thanx for that - zapped off to their web site but got side-tracked by some good news against La Espe - off now to look for a thread to post it on, but I'll get back to this one.

:dancing: and  :clapping: regs.,
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 20:01 PM »
I just found saw the plans today for another golf course here in Ronda (and then there were 4!) ... I just don't get it... There is not enough water... period .. full stop end...
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline Petrea

• Cómpeta - Axarquía
    • Cómpeta Naturaleza
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 14:54 PM »
In Murcia, a golf course project has been stopped, due to the necessary water consumption!  :clapping:

"El Supremo paraliza un campo de golf en Murcia por la queja de un pastor"

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espana/Supremo/paraliza/campo/golf/Murcia/queja/pastor/elpepuesp/20091225elpepunac_4/Tes
Cómpeta Naturaleza,  http://picasaweb.google.com/104328707567851681445

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.   (Thomas R. Dewar)