Iberianature Forum

Analogue video to digital video

• 1 Replies

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« on: February 09, 2008, 15:46 PM »
Hi Everbody
On the Rooks in Leon thread, TP asked how I converted analogue video to digital format.
For a low resolution option, with small size 320x 240, I use a gadget called a belkin Videobus, this plugs into the USB port, with the audio going into the audio in or microphone input, the quality is not brilliant, and certainly not good enough to archive analogue footage onto DVD, for this you would require a decent computer, lots of Ram and an analogue to digital converter, such as Dazzle.
Obviously all this is time consuming as it took me about 2 hours to create a 3 minute video with Titles,credits etc. although a straight Analogue to video conversion, without editing should take a lot less, but remember to put a hours analogue into digital, takes at least an hour, as it is a linear process.
Regards
Dave
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 15:47 PM by Dave »

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 14:20 PM »
Greetings Dave,
Thanx for that - just came across it.
Somehow suspected that it wouldn't be straightforward.
It's probably cropped up before among you technically-minded iberianatureforumers, but has anyone else come across an amazing image-enhancing program called picasa? My kids downloaded it free from wherever one does such things and it's great for re-touching all those digital AND scanned photographs that came out blurred or too dark, etc.
One feature they are finding especially useful is that it can "right" pics that turned out wonky - you know the ones where it looks as if you/the tree/whatever are leaning into a gale on a lovely sunny day.
They are also having fun putting suntans on snapshots of their parents - will ask if they can also quitar unos cuantos kilos (En. anyone?)

Regs.,
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266