Iberianature Forum

Instituto Cervantes launches online TV channel

• 6 Replies

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« on: February 14, 2008, 00:32 AM »
Greetings All,
Forgot to post this news last night but got today's El País angle on it:
"Desapareció el latín, ¡y eso que tenía a la Iglesia detrás! Si la Iglesia hubiera tenido una televisión entonces, ¿habría desaparecido esta lengua? No lo sabremos nunca. Lo que está claro es que con la nueva televisión del Instituto Cervantes, el español tiene más posibilidades de sobrevivir". Con estas palabras, el periodista Lorenzo Milá describe el ambicioso proyecto de la institución académica, Cervantestv.es, que se convierte en el primer canal cultural de televisión en español con cobertura internacional.

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/cultura/Arranca/primera/cadena/television/cultural/online/elpeputec/20080213elpepicul_2/Tes

I fear it might be a bit highbrow and/or arty-farty in an understandable attempt to distance itself from run-of-the-mill Spanish TV, but time will tell.

That said, anyone who has been unfortunate enough to see TVE's international-award-winning (including an Emmy and being named UNICEF ambassadors) dumbing-down-the-kids series Los Lunnis can only hope for the best ...

They also plan to run a course for you folks who want to learn/improve yer Spanish ...

Check it out at www.cervantestv.es

Regs.,
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline SueMac

• Susan Bearder
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 10:30 AM »
Hi TP
Interesting stuff - certainly would interest me from the bits I saw but no aeiral at present . Now have I got to get a Spanish aerial? Bit much for one programme or am I going to be able to see it through the PC in any form.
SueMac
SueMac

Now mainly blogging on www.suevista.blogspot.com Vistas from Afar - A European Garden Blog

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 10:47 AM »
Greetings SueMac,
Far be it for me to answer your technical questions! I reckon that Dave, Caesar, and you, yourself (and/or just about any other iberianatureforumer) are better able to do so  :dancing:

I get the impression that it is entirely PC-based, from which I gather no aerial is necessary - though reliable land/satellite telephone connection wouldn't go amiss (Sp. anyone?)  :dancing: .

Which reminds me - whatever happened to talk some years back 'bout internet connections via the electricity supply - which, come to think of it, is not necessarily a more reliable means of staying online  :technodevil:

Regs.,
Technopat

Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:

Offline SueMac

• Susan Bearder
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 12:09 PM »
Thanks  TP You have answered my question. I will explore some more....
SueMac

ps what you doing around early lunch on 5 March? Forum meet at Madrid airport or somewhere convenient for strangers to Madrid?
SueMac

Now mainly blogging on www.suevista.blogspot.com Vistas from Afar - A European Garden Blog

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 12:49 PM »
Hi Everyone,
 yes the Cervantes channel works a treat when I click the link, very good quality video and Audio
Regards
Dave

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 13:24 PM »
Greetings SueMac,
Sounds great! Mindful of the relativeness of iberianatureforumthreads and the need to avoid going off the straight-and-narrow, I'll try to remember to PM you and glennie - whoops! sounds like we're trying to set up a united front ... (angel smiley)

Anyone one else in or 'round Madrid at that time of year?

Regs.,
Technopat

Offline SueMac

• Susan Bearder
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 15:15 PM »
Dear TP
 Sorry for being so estupido to miss the word 'online'.  So at the moment I have the documentary about Picasso up and running....
If you can find details of English-Spanish lessons can you point them out to me?
re: Madrid mini summit PM ok.
SueMac
SueMac