Iberianature Forum

Darwin's birthday

• 6 Replies

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« on: February 20, 2008, 17:43 PM »
OK - so we missed it this year (2008). Let's get our collective acts together and celebrate it in 2009  :dancing:
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 18:24 PM »
Hi TP
The problem is He was not born, he evolved.  :dancing:
Regards
Dave

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 18:55 PM »
Greetings Dave and All,
No problem - but let's all do our bit to ensure that he keeps evolving.

The Technopatlets have no doubt as to what's what in the pseudo-debate 'tween the evolution of the species and the neo-Creationists' Intelligent Design, etc., but as  the Comunidad de Madrid Espe* has education within her remit ...

*the "friendly" face of Spain's fundamentalists

Regs.,
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:

Offline lisa

• Full Shroomy
    • Accommodation and Activities in the Picos de Europa
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 08:21 AM »
 ::) I knew it was coming up but, for some reason, thought it was a bit later on. Never mind, we'll celebrate it next year. (Resisting insertion of you-know-what  8))
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Accommodation, ski touring, snowshoeing, walking and info on the flora and fauna of the Picos de Europa.
SAVE SPANISH BEARS!
And now,
The Picos de Europa
Your complete English guide to these beautiful mountains of Northern Spain.

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 10:05 AM »
Greetings All,
Well, we managed to remember this time round. So here's wishing y'all us all

:sign:Happy Darwin Day! :sign:

Offline lisa

• Full Shroomy
    • Accommodation and Activities in the Picos de Europa
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 07:59 AM »
I've been struggling with the Darwin articles in Feb's issue of Quercus but BBC Wildlife has just dropped through my door so will look for anything related to dragonflies there. (I vaguely remember something too). Hope the curry went down well  8)
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Accommodation, ski touring, snowshoeing, walking and info on the flora and fauna of the Picos de Europa.
SAVE SPANISH BEARS!
And now,
The Picos de Europa
Your complete English guide to these beautiful mountains of Northern Spain.

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 03:02 AM »
Greetings Lisa 'n' All,
Thanks!
Well, it came and went - with a surprising amount of info in Spanish press  :clapping:  This year's a real goody 'cos we the Madrid Fraction we get to have another curry later in the year - in November - to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the publication of "On the Origin of Spices Species"   :dancing: (Mind you, our first unanimous post-convention decision has been to go easy (Sp. anyone?) on the number of beers next time round...)

Field-trip-coming-up-on-relevant-board regs.,
Technopat