• 1 Replies

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« on: March 18, 2007, 22:55 PM »
Hola,

A little tapa for the meat eaters. Quite frankly theses little things are addictive and sometimes I eat them all before they leave the kitchen and don’t tell anyone I made them...wicked I know...

If you prefer something a little more substantial, small lamb cutlets or chops can be prepared in the same way.

Sweet crusted grilled lamb (serves 8)

175g / 6oz tender lamb fillet, sliced into 1cm / ½ inch rounds
5ml / 1 tsp English mustard
30ml / 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cocktail sticks, to serve

1. Preheat the grill to high. Sprinkle the rounds of lamb generously with salt and pepper and grill on one side for 2 minutes until well browned.

2. Remove the grill pan and turn the lamb rounds over. Spread with the mustard.

3. Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the lamb rounds and return the pan to the grill.

4. Cook the lamb rounds for another 2 or 3 minutes until the sugar has melted but the lamb is still just pink in the middle.

Watch the lamb carefully whilst it is grilling as the sugar may burn if cooked for more than a few minutes...

Muscovado sugar (also called Barbados or moist sugar):
Muscovado sugar, a British specialty brown sugar, is very dark brown and has a particularly strong molasses flavour. The crystals are slightly coarser and stickier in texture than "regular" brown sugar.
Light and Dark brown muscovado sugars contain molasses; the darker the color is, the more molasses and therefore the stronger the flavour. They are used in the same way as light and dark brown soft sugars.
Substitution: If you can’t get muscovado, use a good quality dark brown sugar.

Clive
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 01:19 AM »
Great recipe, Clive! Thanx!
Does Nick know about this new angle, or have you cottoned on to my subversive method of doing this kind of thing when he's away grazing his shins looking for bone-smashers? Are you sure there's no way of my account being blocked if I 'spam' (!) the forum with 'shroom recipes?
Wait 'til Dave gets to hear of this!
This great forum was already taking up too much of my time - now it's also gonna make me put on weight.

Regards,
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266