Any idea what they are?

:)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 15:41 PM by glennie »

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 21:04 PM »
Greetings glennie,
So Technopat is not the only one around here that eats 'shrooms  :dancing:

Yellow Cow-pat Toadstools Bolbitius vitellinus - no Sp. name as far as I know - NOT EDIBLE

Regs.,

PS.
'Nother provisional Madrid Fraction meet long overdue ...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 22:29 PM by Technopat »
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline Spanish Footsteps

• Spanish Footsteps
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 22:26 PM »
I will second that, Bolbitius vitellinus .  Although I wouldn't suggest eating fungi that grows on dung.  Having said that I believe the Panaeolus shinctrinus which is similar in shape, grows on dung, but is dark in colour, was a popular one in the 1960's before a Pink Floyd concert.

We have been feasting on the Agarcus campestris (field mushroom) 2 of which were 150g each, Calocybe gambosa (St Georges), Maramius oreades (fairy ring champs) and the odd Pleurotus eryngii (King trumpet/Oyster), Coprinus comatus (Shaggy ink cap) and Boletus pinophilus (only one but it weighed 400g). 

The Fairy rings have been the easiest to find, so we have been drying them So we have a good supply for summer.
Discover the culturally rich province of Soria with Spanish Footsteps.
We provide unique walking holidays in Northern Spain.
For lovers of Nature, History and Culture.

www.spanishfootsteps.com

Unique walking holidays in Northern Spain

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 22:41 PM »
Greetings All,
Just to avoid any misunderstandings have modified my original posting and added the words NOT EDIBLE.

Re. the Pink Floyd concerts, another one might possibly have been the similar-looking Psilocybe coprophila

Regs.,
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline glennie

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 07:54 AM »
Thanks all.

Trying to add thumbs up sign to thread title. Can't see how. Would be grateful for explanation.

@TP: Agree on need for Madrid get together. In the thick of it at the moment, but will contact when exams start.