Iberianature Forum

Rock formations in Vallde Leguart

• 3 Replies

Offline Big Vern

• www.vernonpearce.com
« on: August 09, 2008, 15:15 PM »
Being a newcomer to this forum and a bit of a dunce when it comes to things geological, I wonder if anyone has any comments on the rock formations in this photo and in particular how old the ravine is that runs down the Vall de Leguart? The latter is at the head of the Orba valley in the north of the Costa Blanca.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 15:29 PM by Big Vern »

Offline Enna

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 17:41 PM »
Saw this posting the other day before I subscribed to forum - saw same formation the other day in Moraira down by the sea in the town but don't think that these are so called isolated cases.  I remarked that we have these formations in the Lake District, in particular on the Kendal to Windermere road. 

i would really like to know the geology of the la safor area and the immediate area surrounding.  although have spent ages on the internet not really come to any conclusions.  Was it volcanic?   I am going to have a look at some of the museums in the area and hope that I can find out.  Unless anyone on the forum can tell us.....  Are there drumlins in the area formed by the ice age...... the subject is now under my skin and want to find out.

Offline basquesteve

• Soule Pays Basque France
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 14:18 PM »
Looks to me to be well worn sedimentary limestone strata or am I missing something
Tell me and I shall forget, Show me and I shall remember, Involve me and I will understand

Offline Bob M

• Teflpedia
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 18:44 PM »
Looks like a pretty classical sedimentary rock to me too.