Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 19:42 PM »
nope.... Sorry TP :)
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline SueMac

• Susan Bearder
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 21:53 PM »
I wonder if No 5 is what ever has been coming up in the track around here.....?
SueMac
SueMac

Now mainly blogging on www.suevista.blogspot.com Vistas from Afar - A European Garden Blog

Offline SueMac

• Susan Bearder
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2007, 11:02 AM »
Hi there

I picked up on TP suggesting that my spongy yellow fungi might be boletus so I came back to this board for info - is it edible or poisonous?  What are the conditions under which it would grow for instance?
SueMac
SueMac

Now mainly blogging on www.suevista.blogspot.com Vistas from Afar - A European Garden Blog

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2007, 18:03 PM »
Greetings SueMac and All,

1. Contrary to what many people think (possible 'cos everyone and his mother-in-law have heard of the Penny Bun Bolete, etc.) most boletes are NOT edible. So even if it were a boletus, chances are it wouldn't be edible.

2. Technopat's First 'Shroom Rule: If in slightest doubt 'bout edibility of 'shroom LEAVE WELL ALONE. As Dave pointed out re. another 'shroom (bold print is mine):
the jack o'lantern mushroom is very poisonous. While not lethal, consuming this mushroom leads to very severe cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea. Complicating its toxicity is the fact that it smells and looks very appealing, to the extent that there are reports of repeat poisonings from individuals who were tempted to try them a second time.

Regs.,
Technopat

PS: Will try to get back to you on this one, but everytime I say that here at the iberianatureforum it slips down to the bottom of the things-to-do what Clive calls the think-about list.
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266