Wild Spain by Teresa Farino

• 2 Replies

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« on: May 09, 2009, 18:58 PM »
I received my copy of Teresa Farino's latest publication today from Amazon and what a great surprise.... With many beautiful photographs supplied by Carlos Sanchez this book is a must for any visitor or resident with an interest in the wildlife and geography of Spain....

I must admit I was expecting a kind of pocket or travel companion guide but at 24cmX31cm this is more of a coffee table edition. That said if you are travelling to Spain and have the space... Take it....

Well done Teresa, absolutely brilliant!

Product Description
Spain is one of the richest countries in Europe in terms of flora and fauna - its mammals include wolves, bears and the endemic Iberian Lynx, it has the highest number of breeding bird species in Europe, some of the best butterfly sites and an outstanding array of wildflowers. The range of habitats is vast, from the snow-capped mountain peaks of the Pyrenees through evergreen forests, olive groves and wood-pasture to freshwater wetlands and the arid sub-desert of the south. Few other European countries can rival its appeal to those interested in wildlife and the environment. "Wild Spain" celebrates the landscapes and natural history of this surprisingly diverse country, including the Canaries and Balearics. Expert naturalist and landscape historian Teresa Farino examines the geography and climate, the many different habitat types and the remarkable variety of wildlife, including the many endemic species and impressive list of rarities for which Spain is a last refuge. More than 230 superb colour photographs bring alive their dramatic world. The past 20 years have seen a revolution in Spain in terms of wildlife conservation and environmental awareness, and the final section of the book looks at the country's protected areas, the development of green tourism and where to watch wildlife.

You can get it from Amazon via our forum bookshop by clicking the below link

Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline parthenope

• Cornwall
    • www.cornishnature.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 21:37 PM »
Hi Clive,

Looks good, I've just ordered a copy through the forum bookshop!
Regards
Steve
Cornish Nature, a work in progress
Dragonflies, images and studies of nature from near and afar
www.cornishnature.co.uk

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 13:01 PM »
That's great Steve, I know you will like it a lot...

4 sold via the forum bookshop since yesterday... That's pretty good :)
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey