Iberianature Forum

Spanish cold remedy

• 5 Replies

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« on: April 20, 2007, 14:28 PM »
Greetings All,
I think the time has come to set things right for those poor expats who have yet to learn from one of this country's wisest sayings (Hasta el cuarenta de mayo no te quites el sayo):

1. Put enough water for two mugs to boil in small saucepan.
2. Cut a 2cm chunk of ginger root into 4 pieces and drop into water.
3. Add half dozen cloves and 1 stick of cinnamon broken into bits.
4. Just before water starts to boil, take off heat.
5. Add honey.
6. When water with bits floating in is cool enough to drink - but still hot - add half lemon cut into two (or whole l. if you like lemon)
7. Strain and drink (I personally eat the lemon)
8. The second cup can be re-heated when you drink it a couple of hours later.
9. Feel better.
10. Get better.

Regs.
Technopat

Ps.
This is only so that Clive can carry out the stinging nettle test.
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 17:54 PM »
Hi Tecnopat and all
You don't happen to have a hayfever remedy do you, very early this year, Maria is really suffering, and even I have a bit of a dotty dose. Why is it worse when it rains?
Regards
Dave

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 19:04 PM »
Greetings Marí­a, Dave and All,
Starting from the bottom, some people apparently suffer more after it rains, while others suffer more if it doesn't rain - can't remember why, but will try to find the text I read it in.

One of my kids takes a homeopathic remedy called Alerprax Infan (Laboratorios Praxis) which works wonders. If your eyes are sore, there are Eufrasia eyedrops and also Eufrasia to take as tablets and I seem to remember that Coryzalia works for the runny nose. But as I am NOT a doctor, it would be better if you went to your own homeopath and got a personalised treatment (for the record, I personally was pretty sceptical 'bout homeopathy, but have seen it work on the kids and am now pretty much convinced - it's great for things like allergies, colds, flu, etc. - I have already converted loads of friends - if nothing else has worked, you've got nuffin' to lose in tryin'!).

Good luck!
Regs.
Technopat
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 15:37 PM by Technopat »
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline spanishfreelander

• Badajoz
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 15:12 PM »
Hi all,
I dont know of any Spanish or English Common Cold Remedys.
If we do,and god forbid it happens,suffer with an outbreak of Bird Flu here in spain.
I have the remedy to hand
Dave

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 15:31 PM »
Hi Dave
Brilliant
Regards
Dave K

Offline lisa

• Full Shroomy
    • Accommodation and Activities in the Picos de Europa
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 16:55 PM »
I lol (past tense).
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Accommodation, ski touring, snowshoeing, walking and info on the flora and fauna of the Picos de Europa.
SAVE SPANISH BEARS!
And now,
The Picos de Europa
Your complete English guide to these beautiful mountains of Northern Spain.