Iberianature Forum

'Loja Wildlife' by Mick

• 45 Replies

Offline parthenope

• Cornwall
    • www.cornishnature.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 20:52 PM »
What a fantastic experience Mick, can you feel the envy eminating from a wet & windy Cornwall?!

Were your photos of the Lynx (not the "jobbies"!) taken by digi scoping? Or have you splashed out on a DSLR?

Steve
Cornish Nature, a work in progress
Dragonflies, images and studies of nature from near and afar
www.cornishnature.co.uk

Offline lisa

• Full Shroomy
    • Accommodation and Activities in the Picos de Europa
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2011, 21:41 PM »
Comparing photos with those on Sierra de Baza it certainly looks like lynx scat. Not sure of size though.
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Accommodation, ski touring, snowshoeing, walking and info on the flora and fauna of the Picos de Europa.
SAVE SPANISH BEARS!
And now,
The Picos de Europa
Your complete English guide to these beautiful mountains of Northern Spain.

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 14:09 PM »
Hi All.

No the photos are still digiscoped, still dreaming about DSLRs but it was with a newer coolpix.

Mick
MICK RICHARDSON.

WILDLIFE GUIDE IN WESTERN GRANADA PROVINCE, BIRDS, BUTTERFLIES, DRAGONFLIES AND ORCHIDS.

PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT THE WE SITE & BLOG WITH MORE PHOTOGRAPHS AT www.granadawildlife.com  or   www.lojawildlife.com

Offline nick

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
    • Iberianature
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 15:59 PM »
Splendid stuff Mick
Nick
http://iberianature.com/barcelona/history-of-barcelona/spanish-civil-war-tour-in-barcelona/
Spanish Civil War Tours in Barcelona
http://www.iberianature.com/
A guide to the environment, climate, wildlife, & nature of Spain
The Amazon/Forum Bookshop - lend us a hand
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/shop/index.htm
And also now The Natural History of Britain
http://iberianature.com/brita

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 16:58 PM »
Hi Every one.

Starting to get some good Orchids pushing their way up at the moment, I have put a selection of Giant Orchids here, but there are more shots on the blog. All the shots were taken within a few meters of each other.

All the best Mick.
MICK RICHARDSON.

WILDLIFE GUIDE IN WESTERN GRANADA PROVINCE, BIRDS, BUTTERFLIES, DRAGONFLIES AND ORCHIDS.

PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT THE WE SITE & BLOG WITH MORE PHOTOGRAPHS AT www.granadawildlife.com  or   www.lojawildlife.com

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2011, 15:42 PM »
Hi All.

Lots of new Orchid Photographs on the blog (below) including a couple of new species for my Spanish list.

Mick.
MICK RICHARDSON.

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 17:49 PM »
Hi All.

A couple of nice late Orchid species added to my list recently, more info and photos at the blog below.

Mick.
MICK RICHARDSON.

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 18:28 PM »
Hi All.

Still posting but I have been doing a bit with the Moths again resently, so there are quite a few new photos of them along with some birds.

All the best Mick.
MICK RICHARDSON.

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2011, 13:51 PM »
Hi All.

I have added a post to the blog (please click on link below) about the Orchids I have been lucky enough to catch up with during 2011.

Thanks Mick.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 16:26 PM by mick »
MICK RICHARDSON.

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2012, 13:34 PM »
Hi All.

I have been quite busy over the last few weeks seeing plenty of good Birds, Moths and Butterflies. The only slightly disappointing area has been the Orchids but I have still managed a couple of new Hybrids and around 40 species up to now. There are plenty of photographs on the blog address below. There is also a new gallery with several unidentified moths in it which need naming, so if you fancy a challenge have a go.

Thanks Mick
MICK RICHARDSON.

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2012, 14:41 PM »
Hi All.

I have just put a new album on the blog with some shots of unidentified Moths in it and hope that some of the insect experts might be able to put some names to them. They have all been caught (and released) in my garden around 40km to the West of Granada in AndalucĂ­a.

Thanks Mick.
MICK RICHARDSON.

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2012, 09:36 AM »
Hi All.

A few more posting recently with some interesting Butterflies and photo's.

All the best Mick.
MICK RICHARDSON.

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 15:47 PM »
Hi All.

Several new posts with plenty of photographs and information about what I and Granada Wildlife's have been up to.

Thanks Mick
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 16:36 PM by mick »
MICK RICHARDSON.

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 16:40 PM »
Hi All.

Lots of new posts and photographs on the blog (lojawildlife.com).

Mick.
MICK RICHARDSON.

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2013, 17:34 PM »
Hi All.

Some shots of one of the two Lammergeier / Bearded Vultures (Quebrantahuesos / Gypaetus barbatus) seen in the Sierra Nevada along with some butterflies and wildflowers.
All on the blog at www.lojawildlife.com

All the best Mick.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 19:41 PM by mick »
MICK RICHARDSON.

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013, 18:57 PM »
Hi All.

Plenty of new sightings on the blog and photo's taken with the new camera!!!

All the best Mick.
MICK RICHARDSON.

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2013, 16:24 PM »
Hi All.

Been out and about with the new camera, so there are lots of new shots on the blog (www.lojawildlife.com) and facebook page.

Thanks for having a look, all the best Mick.
MICK RICHARDSON.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2013, 22:11 PM »
Hey Mick, wow the new camera! What.... is that an early christmas present?

Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2013, 20:03 PM »
Hi Clive.

Jayne bought me a new to me (secondhand) canon DSLR and I am working off a 400mm Canon lens with day tours for a friend who had two!!!

Very pleased with it, much easier than digiscoping.

Take care and have a good Christmas and we will see you in the new year.

Jayne and Mick.
MICK RICHARDSON.

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2014, 20:28 PM »
Hi All.

Still getting used to the new camera but there are several new posts and lots of new photo's on the blog (www.lojawildlife.com) including a post from the weekends Lynx watching trip.

Thanks Mick.
MICK RICHARDSON.