Iberianature Forum

what flavour dog?

• 5 Replies

Offline elmussol

• els Mussols
« on: August 14, 2009, 13:37 PM »
Hi all

Attentive readers will know we have two dogs -- which is exactly the right number for us. As can often happen when you live en campo, we had an arrival of a lost dog last week. We've put up some posters locally, but no-one has claimed her thus far, so we think it's right to put her up for adoption. She is young (3-4 months), not microchipped and about 30cm to her shoulder.

So my question is: how do you look up a dog's breed if you have no idea?

I attach a couple of photos...

pault
pault's blurb: location: Xerta, Tarragona province, Catalunya
talks tech, eco stuff & politics

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 13:43 PM »
Hi Pault
Put up for adoption as a Heinz aka Heinz 57 varieties, better known as a mongrel, having said that she is very pretty.
regards
Dave 

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 13:46 PM »
Mixed breeds are very often more intelligent (or so they seem) than in-bred "pedigrees".... :) I reckon Dave has got this one right with the Heinz 57......
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline Maria

• Full Shroomy
  • Sierra Nevada
    • My personal website
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 10:20 AM »
Yep Heinz 57 is the best description for her, very cute little girl. The stray dogs are often the most loyal of dogs, they seem to realise how lucky they are to have been taken in to people who care for them. I believe you can get a DNA of your dog but im sure it was cost a lot of money.

Saying that we took in a stray dog who had had boiling hot water thrown over him and ended up with the most horrendous wound on his back during early summer. He stayed with us for the day made himself at home but after dinner the call of the bars (his local ground) was too much and he climbed the fences, dug holes and was desperate to go back, so we took him back down to the village rather than him open his wounds again and he was very happy to be back. He is very well known in the bars and has a happy life, he just didnt want to stay. We have a little fund going for him to get him chipped and chopped.

Simon

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 15:19 PM »
Hi guys and gals,

I quite agree that Heinz 57's are among the best dogs to have around, an opinion we shared with an aquaintance just the other day; and garnerd the expression 'Mil leches' (1,000 milks) - which says it all!  :dancing:

Simon

PS how about a doggie whatsit, you administrators you!

Offline tonyninfas

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 18:32 PM »
Our little dog, Tiggy ( Heinz 57) who we found at the side of the local barranc having been abandoned with her sister has turned out to be the most loyal and intelligent of dogs even though she was absolutely scard stiff of us when we rescued her.