Iberianature Forum

Where Is Everything?

• 3 Replies

Offline coatimundi

• Birds Photographed While-U-Wait (and Wait)
    • My Bird Pictures
« on: October 07, 2009, 21:23 PM »
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed at the moment, I've been in Gran Alacant foir 5 days and have hardly seen anything of note  :noidea:

I would have usually filled up at least one of my SD cards by now, but the birds are being particularly elusive. The water levels at Santa Pola salinas are very high after the recent rainstorms, and there are few exposed mud flats. The situation at La Mata near Torrevieja is a bit better, but apart from one small flock of Black-tailed Godwits and the usual gathering of Black-necked Grebes, there was very little about. Am I too early for the Autumn passage?

Did manage to get some acceptable shots of a Reed Warbler the other day (at least I think it's a Reed), but I can't post it up yet, I only have a little netbook computer out here which is no good for photo editing  >:(

I'll be back again in one month, perhaps the birds will be more obliging then....

TTFN
Mark

Bird Photos from the North Sea, Gran Alacant, the UK and Elsewhere including the famous "Dance of the Rufous Bush Robin"
http://marketheridge.photos.me.uk/

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 21:46 PM »
Well, maybe look down at the ground for the ants or across the water to the dragonflies..... How about in the autumn leaves or the sun setting blood red on the mountains.... Spain has more than birds for photographic opportunities :)

In DoƱana earlier this week there was no shortage of photographic subjects and here in Grazalema now there is a beetle bombing about that I have no clue to it's identity....

I moved this topic to the general board as the subject is where is everything and the answer is.... it is everywhere....

Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline coatimundi

• Birds Photographed While-U-Wait (and Wait)
    • My Bird Pictures
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 13:30 PM »
Spain has more than birds for photographic opportunities :)

I consider meself well and truly chastised... :biggrin:

Of course there are other opportunities besides the birds, I already have a very colourful grasshopper for which I will be seeking an ID next week, a large black beetle and some Painted Ladies (butterflies, not the other sort  :technodevil:)

Also, I'm still suffering a slight inferiority complex about the quality of me photos compared with others on here. I'm deleting a lot of shots simply because they ain't up to scratch... :banghead:

Maybe I'll have to look at those bl**dy heavy DSLRs and mega lenses after all.... >:(

TTFN
Mark
Bird Photos from the North Sea, Gran Alacant, the UK and Elsewhere including the famous "Dance of the Rufous Bush Robin"
http://marketheridge.photos.me.uk/

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 14:15 PM »
:) Just take more pictures........

A proffessional photographer was once asked whats the difference between an amateur and a pro and his answer was that his bin was bigger and had more rejects in it.....

Looking forward to your bug shots........
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey