Iberianature Forum

Pasting from Word stopped working?

• 8 Replies

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« on: January 10, 2010, 19:24 PM »
Hello All.

Yes I have done something wrong again.  :noidea: I know that a lot of the people on the forum do blogs so I thought this has got to be the best place to start. I usually do the blog in Office word first and then copy and paste it in to the blog. I now find that I right click to paste and the word paste is not highlighted and I cannot proceed. Any help would be great because it does save me a lot of time doing it the way I do it.

Thanks Mick.
MICK RICHARDSON.

WILDLIFE GUIDE IN WESTERN GRANADA PROVINCE, BIRDS, BUTTERFLIES, DRAGONFLIES AND ORCHIDS.

PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT THE WE SITE & BLOG WITH MORE PHOTOGRAPHS AT www.granadawildlife.com  or   www.lojawildlife.com

Offline Bob M

• Teflpedia
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 22:47 PM »
This is going to be a very silly question but:

1. You are in an application/window which allows paste?
2. You have actually copied something to the clipboard?

Sorry to ask such silly questions, but they sometimes jog something lose.

:-)

Bob

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 10:48 AM »
Word is a real pain anyway for use with web applications because of all the bloated formatting..... have you tried just using notepad which is un formated plain text and pasting from that?... Once in your blog editor you can use the blog editor to add any formatting like hyper links, bold, underlined, italics etc...

Right click on desktop and select new text document and that opens wordpad....

I guess that you have highlighted all the text you want to copy from the word document?... Or you could use the edit>>>>select all option....

:)
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline elmussol

• els Mussols
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 15:10 PM »
Word is a real pain anyway...

'Nuff said ;-)

pault

PS We've been here before.
pault's blurb: location: Xerta, Tarragona province, Catalunya
talks tech, eco stuff & politics

Offline mick

• Granada Wildlife
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 15:58 PM »
Hi All.

I have for almost a year now been copying and pasting the info with no problem. I right click and copy the document and then right click in the blogger text box and paste is not highlighted. As I have said before I am a complete tecnopillock and have a very restricted now how with computers but I have no idea why this is happening.
I include a lot of species names in my blog which I have in a word document and again I have been pasting them between word and into the blog direct and until this week I have had no problems.

All the best Mick.
MICK RICHARDSON.

WILDLIFE GUIDE IN WESTERN GRANADA PROVINCE, BIRDS, BUTTERFLIES, DRAGONFLIES AND ORCHIDS.

PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT THE WE SITE & BLOG WITH MORE PHOTOGRAPHS AT www.granadawildlife.com  or   www.lojawildlife.com

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 16:41 PM »
Hi Mick
I am not sure what the problem is but try upgrading to Internet explorer 8, if you are still on 7, the word on the net is that this will solve the problem
regards
Dave

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 18:28 PM »
ahhhhaaaa

Its the paste function in the blogger online edit window.......

You could also try a different browser like firefox and see if that fixes the problem.... The issue is probably browser based then as Dave has mentioned....
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline Sue

• Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Grazalema Guide
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 22:48 PM »
Hi Mick, for a temporary solution use the keyboard instead of the mouse, copy as usual off word then paste by pressing - Control and V  - together   :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 23:07 PM by Sue »
Thinking of visiting the beautiful Sierra de Grazalema in Andalucia?
www.grazalemaguide.com

Offline elmussol

• els Mussols
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 20:22 PM »
I am not sure what the problem is but try upgrading to Internet explorer 8, if you are still on 7, the word on the net is that this will solve the problem

And will probably leave you with a whole other range of problems... As Clive mentioned it might be time for a change of browser. Firefox leaves IE in the dust in virtually every department anyway. AFAIK the only thing you actually need IE for is the Windoze system update stuff (take this under advisement; my knowledge of Windoze is gained through avoiding the damn thing).

pault

UPDATE: and as if to further hammer home IE's unsuitability (word chosen carefully as an IT professional) for use, this BBC News item just appeared in my RSS client.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 20:47 PM by elmussol »
pault's blurb: location: Xerta, Tarragona province, Catalunya
talks tech, eco stuff & politics