Iberianature Forum

Bottom-heavy toddlers and other creepy-crawlies...

• 1 Replies

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« on: April 26, 2010, 01:35 AM »
Greetings Sue 'n' Sam and Clive,
Re. yer recent posting
1 year old on the 30th May...Young Sam is standing up pretty well but falling over just as easily... mybe he'll be a walker before his Birthday?
, just thought I'd mention that while we were bringing up the Technopatlets, Mrs Tp, unlike most mothers who panic about their little darlings getting their hands and knees grubby and eating whatever they happen to come across on the ground/floor, was always very insistent that ours should crawl around for as long as they liked.* Obviously natural human baby instinct, it helps 'em find their own sense of security in their surroundings and develops their faith in the ground beneath 'em. It also helps immunise 'em.

Once they themselves reckon it's time, they'll start making their own little experiments with standing up and - as you've noticed with Sam - falling down more often than not. Here in Spain, at least, most parents and grandparents try to get the nippers to walk before they're really ready...

*One of my greatest victories was getting her to see that letting 'em jump in puddles - something she was NEVER allowed to do - was equally important  :dancing: The only condition was she held out for was that I had to carry 'em straight into the bath when we came back from our walks in the puddles park. Spaniards can't abide muddy footprints on kitchen floors...

Mother-Nature-is-wise regs.,
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 22:11 PM »
:)
jejejej  Cheers Tp...... Sam is a creepy crawly and can stay that was as long as he likes....

I forgot about puddle jumping... Must be a L.O.G pastime? .... Need to buy some little wellies to keep his feet dry.. :)
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey