Iberianature Forum

Ask for cooperation concerning TV-Production Dr. Hofrichter and WDR concerning e

• 2 Replies

Offline robhof

« on: April 27, 2010, 13:33 PM »
I am Dr. Robert Hofrichter, a zoologist/biologist, publisher, and founder of  the Marine Protection Organisation mare-mundi.eu gemeinnützige GmbH.

I will be at the Balearic Islands in May 2010 with a team of WDR-television (the biggest German TV programm - www.wdr.de http://www.wdr.de ).
We will visit following reagions: Mallorca, Ibiza and Menorca.

We are looking for contacts to NGOs, biologists, diving centers and the nature conservation “scene” of the islands and the country and informations about environmental problems of Spain (on land and in the sea) as well as dialogue partner which can show resp. talk about with us  about the most important and most actual environmental problems.

I would like would like to contact you in advance in the next days and week and I hope, you can help me.

We need information about all kind of environmental problems the regions have (mass tourism, marine pollution, overfishing,  urbanisation, lost of marine and coastal habitats, Posidonia-meadows, sea-turtles, monk seal, sharks, lost of biodiversity, deforestation, erosion, sewage, waste, oil, eutrophication, contamination, heavy metals in seafood and fish etc) .... but we are also searching for informations about positive examples of nature and marine protection, good projects, education, NGOs, NPOs, environmental science research...

It would be very nice of you, if you would talk to us or could name the correct contact person.

Maybe you can send the information also to your friends (biologist, naturalists, conservationist, organisations...).

Thank you very much in advance!

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert Hofrichter
mare-mundi.eu
Organisation for marine coinservation, Salzburg, Austria

Offline lisa

• Full Shroomy
    • Accommodation and Activities in the Picos de Europa
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 10:13 AM »
Hi Robert, Spain's branch of Birdlife International (SEO/Birdlife) has just completed a survey of marine areas to be included in the country's IBAs (Important Bird Areas) with a view to incorporating them into the Natura 2000 network. Here's a link to some info in English http://www.seo.org/programa_seccion_ficha.cfm?idPrograma=32&idArticulo=1695. This doesn't just affect birds but all marine life. They could be worth contacting to find their Balearic members.
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Accommodation, ski touring, snowshoeing, walking and info on the flora and fauna of the Picos de Europa.
SAVE SPANISH BEARS!
And now,
The Picos de Europa
Your complete English guide to these beautiful mountains of Northern Spain.

Offline Matt

• Seriously Fish
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 13:39 PM »
Are you interested only in the Balearics?