Iberianature Forum

Yellow-flowered Tree for ID please:: Solved:: Tipuana tipu, Tipu Tree etc

• 18 Replies

Offline JSW099

• Salar, Granada
« on: June 16, 2010, 16:30 PM »
Hi All,

Could you ID this rather attractive yellow-flower tree for me..seen at the Antequera Bullring square..as you can see the photo wasn´t taken there so I cut a sprig off as my camera was in the car(same old excuse), and never learn!!

Regards

Syd
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:01 AM by JSW099 »

Offline Val

• www.cactusinspain.com
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:52 AM »
Possibly an acacia of some sort.  Val

Offline Jesus Contreras

• Oz Nature Wildlife
    • Oz Nature WILDLIFE
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:20 AM »

Leguminosae - Tipuana tipu
OZ NATURE WILDLIFE
Jesús Contreras
www.indalodeoz.com
Geographical Field Trips & Birdwatching in Almería - Spain

Offline JSW099

• Salar, Granada
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 02:24 AM »
Hi Jesús,

Blimey, is there anything you know nothing about!! But, seroiusly thanks a lot.

Also called Pride of Bolivia, Rosewood( used as one of the "rose woods"), Tipu Tree

Small to large thornless tree (4-40 m), with a bole reaching up to 150 cm.

Regards

Syd
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:59 AM by JSW099 »

Offline Jesus Contreras

• Oz Nature Wildlife
    • Oz Nature WILDLIFE
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 09:59 AM »
Hi Jesús,

Blimey, is there anything you know nothing about!! But, seroiusly thanks a lot.

What does mean "BLIMEY"?  ? ?

Yes, I know nothing about football, modernity, politics and other social topics...  :) Other day some youngsters laughed at me because I did not know who was a man named Ronaldiño or similar name... suppose it is a well known idol for them...

For knowing about Nature there are no secrets, Syd.

1.- Loving Nature and People.
2.- To concentrate in small areas (I have only knowledge about Almería and nearby places).
3.- Having good masters when you are young, good country-friends when an adult and good alumns when expertized.
4.- Buying good books when you are young and reading them till they have no sane pages when you are not so young.
5.- Enjoy sharing your knowledge with others.
6.- Enjoying life and people at every moment.
7.- Believe that there are more important things than money, petrol and plastic.
8.- And the major of them, BEING A LOT OF YOUR LIFE TIME LOST IN THE COUNTRY, MOUNTAINS AND SEA, observing and studying.

Kind regards.

Jesús

By the way, I learn always a lot with this forum, about english language generally, scientific english vocabulary in particular, and about general biology because I come forced to look at my books and learn.

Always a pleasure and always thanks to you all here, and particularly to Sue & Clive that invited me to participate here from the first beginnings of this nice iberian digital place.

:sign:

Jesús Contreras - Almería
Oz Nature Tours & Trips
Indalo de Oz Divulgación
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze5MS_jHhJI
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:09 AM by indalo »
OZ NATURE WILDLIFE
Jesús Contreras
www.indalodeoz.com

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 11:50 AM »
Hi Jesus
A well written piece, and so well explained
Blimey is ¡ caray ! in Spanish, just a mild explicative, more common up here, in León is ¡ conyo !
Regards
Dave

Offline JSW099

• Salar, Granada
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 00:51 AM »
Hi Jesús and All,

wow, just a few things to get started then !! and a touch of the philosopher as well...Thanks again my friend.

Regards

Syd

Offline Maria

• Full Shroomy
  • Sierra Nevada
    • My personal website

Offline Sue

• Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Grazalema Guide
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 14:44 PM »
Hi All,
a lovely tree the Tipuana tipu and an interesting name that rolls off the tongue, ...very easy to germinate from the winged seeds.

Jesús, as to 8.- And the major of them, BEING A LOT OF YOUR LIFE TIME LOST IN THE COUNTRY, MOUNTAINS AND SEA, observing and studying.
....No time for the sea I've too much to learn about the mountains yet!!  :biggrin:

Thank you for your continued support on the forum and for introducing it to other experts that enjoy sharing their knowledge too.
Sue
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 14:47 PM by Sue »
Thinking of visiting the beautiful Sierra de Grazalema in Andalucia?
www.grazalemaguide.com

Offline Jesus Contreras

• Oz Nature Wildlife
    • Oz Nature WILDLIFE
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 00:09 AM »
Hi All,
a lovely tree the Tipuana tipu and an interesting name that rolls off the tongue, ...very easy to germinate from the winged seeds.

Jesús, as to 8.- And the major of them, BEING A LOT OF YOUR LIFE TIME LOST IN THE COUNTRY, MOUNTAINS AND SEA, observing and studying.
....No time for the sea I've too much to learn about the mountains yet!!  :biggrin:

Thank you for your continued support on the forum and for introducing it to other experts that enjoy sharing their knowledge too.
Sue

I LOVE THIS FORUM, ITS PEOPLE AND THE PERSONS THAT FOUNDED IT.  

My best regards from Almería to you, three... at Grazalema.

Jesús

PD: In doubt yet, I am yet in doubt with you; when you want, come here to Almería for a visit.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:08 AM by indalo »
OZ NATURE WILDLIFE
Jesús Contreras
www.indalodeoz.com

Offline Val

• www.cactusinspain.com
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 08:53 AM »
Can somebody send me some seeds from the Tipu tree please?????I can return the favour with a variety of interesting flowers  or trees. Thanks in anticipation   Val

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 14:21 PM »
Greetings Jesús,
Now that the thread subject has been officially solved, I can go off on a tangent...
As you well know, my knowledge on all the wonderful things Mother Nature has to offer us is next to nothing, and I'm always on the outlook for the opportunity to demonstrate that my English is better than yours and that of many other iberianatureforumers :technodevil: . So with your best interests at heart, I just can't resist the temptation to correct your use of the word "doubt" (rhymes with "out", as in "without a doubt"). Doubts are what I have regarding the meaning of Life, and what to do when the yearly heatwave hits Madrid. On the other hand, a "debt" (rhymes with "get") is what I've still got with you, and we're still waiting for you to come up and visit this wonderful, hot concrete jungle we have up here. If it's any incentive, I saw a beetle here the other day...

And it's no good trying to convince me to pop down to Almería - out of the frying pan, into the fire, as we say (Sp. anyone?) :dancing:

Keep-out-of-the-sun regs.,
Tp
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 14:46 PM »
Hi TP
Which Beatle Paul or Ringo, The other 2 have passed over
Regards
Dave

Offline Val

• www.cactusinspain.com
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 16:59 PM »
Out of the frying pan into the fire

Salir de Guatemala y entrar en Guatapeor

Val

Offline Jesus Contreras

• Oz Nature Wildlife
    • Oz Nature WILDLIFE
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 17:19 PM »
Greetings Jesús,
Now that the thread subject has been officially solved, I can go off on a tangent...
As you well know, my knowledge on all the wonderful things Mother Nature has to offer us is next to nothing, and I'm always on the outlook for the opportunity to demonstrate that my English is better than yours and that of many other iberianatureforumers :technodevil: . So with your best interests at heart, I just can't resist the temptation to correct your use of the word "doubt" (rhymes with "out", as in "without a doubt"). Doubts are what I have regarding the meaning of Life, and what to do when the yearly heatwave hits Madrid. On the other hand, a "debt" (rhymes with "get") is what I've still got with you, and we're still waiting for you to come up and visit this wonderful, hot concrete jungle we have up here. If it's any incentive, I saw a beetle here the other day...

And it's no good trying to convince me to pop down to Almería - out of the frying pan, into the fire, as we say (Sp. anyone?) :dancing:

Keep-out-of-the-sun regs.,
Tp

:dancing:  TP before coming to Almería.
 :technodevil:   TP after coming to Almería.

It´s only a difference in the colour...   :)

Really, it is very hot here now, but we have our secrets. Fresh beer and sangría, sandía & gazpacho, "la sombra de una higuera" y "un baño en la balsa".

Thanks for correcting my spanglish.

Regards

Jesús
OZ NATURE WILDLIFE
Jesús Contreras
www.indalodeoz.com

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 15:32 PM »
Greetings Jesús and All,
That's cool or even cold beer and sangría, fresh sandía and cool, fresh gazpacho :angel:

Of the four, gazpacho really is one of Spain's all-time greatest contributions to humanity.
For those of you who don't have time or inclination to make your own, one of the best ready-made ones is by Alvalle. Bit pricey, but excellent. And one of my Usually Reliable Sources has just recommended the "Andaluz" one sold by Mercadona. Haven't tried it yet, but willing to have a go tomorrow when shops open.

Still-surviving-...-just regs.,
Tp (law of min. eff.)

PS. Re. Jesús' lobster, although it's true that this guiri has, on very rare occasions, gotten hisself burnt, unlike most folks from other climes, in general, and with a min. exposure to direct sunlight, he takes on an elegant tan which only enhances his natural distinction and bearing.  :dancing:

P*S. Well done, Val!  :clapping: That's the one!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 16:12 PM by Technopat »
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 16:20 PM »
Wow!
Jesús - I didn't go back to the beginning of this thread and missed your amazing philosophy of Nature Life:
1.- Loving Nature and People.
2.- To concentrate in small areas (I have only knowledge about Almería and nearby places).
3.- Having good masters when you are young, good country-friends when an adult and good alumns when expertized.
4.- Buying good books when you are young and reading them till they have no sane pages when you are not so young.
5.- Enjoy sharing your knowledge with others.
6.- Enjoying life and people at every moment.
7.- Believe that there are more important things than money, petrol and plastic.
8.- And the major of them, BEING A LOT OF YOUR LIFE TIME LOST IN THE COUNTRY, MOUNTAINS AND SEA, observing and studying.

Regarding just one of the above points, have just spent the weekend with a really interesting friend from Soria who mentioned something that I've noted down for future reference: "Odio a la gente y me encanta las personas". That probably means more to you in Spanish than it does to me (lost in translation) but will pass on your general observations to Technopatlets 1&2, de tu parte. Thanks!

Respectful regs.,
Tp

Offline Jesus Contreras

• Oz Nature Wildlife
    • Oz Nature WILDLIFE
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 18:20 PM »
Quoting TP at "Odio a la gente y me encanta las personas".

Well, I use this made-phrase also some times. It means that you don´t like people as a mass that does not think, that does not have personal opinions, as people for ex. going here and there in a big city, a supermarket, in the football , at the bullfight, with hurry, hate, nervous and exasperated; by the contrary you like people as individuals, when they are alone and think by themselves, when they are a part of life and Nature... intelligent individuals.

La gente are people that think they know a lot of everything, and they need to learn nothing. Really they know nothing.
Las personas are people that think that know nothing and have everything to learn.

Regardssss

Jesús  :)

« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 21:14 PM by indalo »
OZ NATURE WILDLIFE
Jesús Contreras
www.indalodeoz.com

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 19:27 PM »
Hi Jss