Iberianature Forum

Cazorla area

• 2 Replies

Offline Maria

• Sierra Nevada
    • My personal website
« on: September 19, 2010, 10:10 AM »
Hi

Ive left this a bit late, but im heading over to the Cazorla area for tomorrow for a few days (for my birthday) and im wondering if anyone has any info that would help. Im particularly hoping to see birds of prey in-particular the Lammergeier. Does anyone know where you can get a fairly close view of any of the birds of prey or at least where they may show up regularly?

Also can anyone recommend somewhere to stay?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Maria

Offline paula

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 17:53 PM »
Hi Maria,
Some 8 km from Pozo Alcón, close to the Mirador Alcantarilla, you find a bird watching cottage. You can spot a lot of different birds of prey. There is a hotel near by, less than 10 minutes walk from the cottage. See http://www.topwalks.net/en/sierra_del_pozo/mirador_alcantarilla.htm

Offline Maria

• Sierra Nevada
    • My personal website
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Hi Paula

thanks for the reply, unfortunately ive been back from there nearly a month, but next time I go I shall have a look at the Mirador you mention.

But your post has just reminded me that I did do a very short trip report which you can read here. I didnt get to see a Lammergeier but did get to see lots of other wildlife, what a spectacular place Cazorla is. Highly recommend a trip if you have not been before. The Griffon Vulture colony is worth the trip in itself. Fantastic  :dancing:

Maria