Iberianature Forum

The perfect storm

• 2 Replies

Offline Jesus Contreras

• Oz Nature Wildlife
    • Oz Nature WILDLIFE
« on: December 24, 2010, 12:01 PM »

Hi, yesterday a nice storm lift up the face of brave sea in Cabo de Gata (Almería), so that the salt water came up through the road, flooding all the steppe as an inverse river.

Some millions of years ago, possibly it happened something similar, when where always is the steppe and the saltpans, there was an open bay to the sea, that then was closed by a sand bar till its actual appearance.

It has been the most awful storm I have necer seen in Cabo de Gata. Only a couple of hours, but trains with waves where running inland for a bigger while. The water came up tol some groups of houses in the small village of "La Fabriquilla".

A nice day for taking pictures of the BRAVE SEA. You can watch them at http://www.oz-nature-wildlife-guide.com/mediterranean-sea.html

Enjoy life, enjoy winter, enjoy Xmas.  8)

Jesus
OZ NATURE WILDLIFE
Jesús Contreras
www.indalodeoz.com
Geographical Field Trips & Birdwatching in Almería - Spain

Offline Val

• www.cactusinspain.com
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 10:33 AM »
What super photos Jesus-----how lucky you are to be beside the sea!We drove up to El Ejido on Tuesday and we came through rain and sun and thick mist but didn´t have time to go down to the sea.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.  Val

Offline Jesus Contreras

• Oz Nature Wildlife
    • Oz Nature WILDLIFE
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 12:18 PM »
Best wishes, Val.

Yes, Almería is a "micro-world". You have anything you need in less than one hour (sea, coast, mountains, storms, snow, deserts, flora, fauna, good weather, tapas and beers  :speechless:...).

Because of that I live here. I love these lands in which I was born.

Thanks for the comment. Enjoy life.

Jesus  :)
OZ NATURE WILDLIFE
Jesús Contreras
www.indalodeoz.com
Geographical Field Trips & Birdwatching in Almería - Spain