Iberianature Forum

Stupid frogs

• 1 Replies

Offline Rosie

« on: March 02, 2011, 22:41 PM »
Syd's toad posting reminded me of this.

Last week was pretty wet here in Lincolnshire.

When my husband got back from his early morning dog walk he banged on the kitchen window and beckoned me outside to see something.

There were two 'frogs-a-mating' on the door sill. The male looked nice and comfortable but the female was having to cling on to stop them falling off. And no water for the eggs to land in!
I rushed back inside to fetch a container of water for the eggs to be delivered into and positioned it underneath them. The female promptly jumped in with the male still clinging to her back. 'Well,' I thought, 'I'll just leave them to it and sort out what to do with the eggs later.' I was a bit worried that tap water was not really suitable but the stupid frogs had not even realised that there was no water anyway.

A cup of tea later I went back to check on the progress of my tupperware of frog spawn, but the frogs had hopped it. And not left any eggs either. I didn't know whether to be relieved or disapointed!

Rosie

Offline Petrea

• Cómpeta - Axarquía
    • Cómpeta Naturaleza
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 07:49 AM »
If the frogs are so stupid then they´ve better not multiply!  :technodevil:  So don´t worry!  :biggrin:

Saludos
Petrea
Cómpeta Naturaleza,  http://picasaweb.google.com/104328707567851681445

Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open.   (Thomas R. Dewar)