Driving over golf courses

• 84 Replies

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2007, 17:24 PM »
Hola los shroomies, (or is that las shroomies)

I Have stickied the petition post that Lisa made to the top of this board. (You'll see that as moderators of this board you can sticky stuff as well)

I think that this board where it is is fine just so long as conversation within it is restricted to subjects about the construction of Golf courses and the associated building and environmental impact...

Separate topics for different subjects.. there must dozens of plataformas en la defensa del campo y contra las golf. Maybe we can find the people and get some of them posting their particular problems... ie the Ronda problem that i have moved to this board.....

Why don't you add a sentence to the stickied post to make sure people understand that they can click the link to go to the petition site to sign...

Then after that lock this thread as it is 5 pages long now and pretty much explains why you started the petition....

Clive
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 17:34 PM by Wildside »
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Simon

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2007, 18:26 PM »
Hello Shroomies, Forumites, my fellow gregarians, etc. etc.

Sorry to be so slow in following up some feedback queries, especially to SueMac.

I've made a new topic called 'A Question of Language' (http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,632.0.html) which I think addresses, or at least dwels upon, some of the points raised by the petition, including SueMac's point about our dipping our feet quite publicly in the murky world of politics and pressure groups.

It's rather long so be warned!

Simon

PS SueMac; I can even remember Mrs Dale's Diary, although at that time I believed that they all lives behind the blank screen of the telly when the dial was turned to 9 (well, I think it was '9' it was forty-five years ago!)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 18:43 PM by Wildside »

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2007, 13:53 PM »
Greetings All,
Update on no-more-golf-clubs (I've got enough wiv me niblick!) petition: as of 1.30 p.m. 21st August 2007, just over a week since the ball was set rolling, there are 14 signatures = averaging two-a-day, má' o menos.

I have embedded a direct link to the petition site on the Spanish-language summary.

Regs.
Technopat
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 14:42 PM by Technopat »
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2007, 12:21 PM »
Greetings All,
Have just checked Petition site to get end-of-month update:

Petition Day 18
As of 12:10 p.m. on 30th August 2007 there were 18 signatures, averaging, if my figures are correct, one a day.

For those of you us interested in mindless stats., this is a drop to exactly half the average at last count. However, August is peak season for tourist destinations, and I'm sure there is a direct inverse relationship with petition-signing and am likewise sure that as people return to their normal routines, including petition signing, this downward trend will cease. With winter drawing nearer, the snowball effect will come into play and more and more people will sign ...

Regs.,
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2007, 16:07 PM »
I am locking this topic now as it is 5 pages long and pretty much explains why the petition started.

Clive
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey