Iberianature Forum

My cat and dog playing

• 4 Replies

Offline Bob M

• Teflpedia
« on: June 03, 2011, 17:27 PM »
Assuming that the link works this is my cat and dog playing.  It looks serious at first but you can soon see that it's not.

http://youtu.be/53kCJhcrQNU

Offline Rosie

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 18:43 PM »
Love the way the dog seems so laid back and the cat keeps coming back for more.

My dog bounces his ball at our cat to get her to play, but as soon as she gets anywhere near it he snatches it away. And if she dares to play with it when he has left it unguarded he immediately takes it off her. He is so mean with his toys! 

Rosie

Offline Bob M

• Teflpedia
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 20:13 PM »
Our dog doesn't like other animals near her toys either, so we keep her toys in the garden to avoid problems.

In the house she's very tolerant of the cat's antics. Which is perhaps surprising as the dog is five years old and the cat is about seven months.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 21:55 PM by Bob M »

Offline StripeyCat

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 19:00 PM »
My cats and dogs have always got on well, but I promote the cats as being higher in the pack, with me at the top. My dogs are not allowed their own toys, they're MY toys that they are allowed to play with, that way there is no possessiveness, which is a bad thing in any animal, regardless of species, sex or breed [my dogs are Rhodesian Ridgebacks]. The bed is mine, food is mine, bone/chew is mine... I never have problems with aggressiveness or  possessiveness and all my animals trust me. Even my horses would allow the dogs to lick their new born foals and never feel threatened. It's all about how you behave, what leadership you show. It's a lovely video, thanks for sharing it :D

Offline Juan-P

• Saved this serin!
    • Knowall's Awesome Almería
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 20:12 PM »
Lovely video.  :)