Iberianature Forum

Storm clouds Gathering

• 5 Replies

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« on: May 24, 2007, 18:55 PM »
Dear All
A Thunderstorm sweeping across Leon, could not resist the picture, beleive me it was more spectacular in real life
Regards
Dave

Offline Sue

• Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Grazalema Guide
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 17:22 PM »
Hi Dave,

that is a very moody sky, such dramatic colours!!

¿¿Did anyone suffer from the recent hail storms that have caused so much havoc and flooding this week???

We have had some storms in the south too, just rain so far though. This picture shows a bright line between the hot and cold fronts, shame it doesn't capture the noise that came with it :o

Regards, Sue
Thinking of visiting the beautiful Sierra de Grazalema in Andalucia?
www.grazalemaguide.com

Offline lucy

• Full Shroomy
    • Lucy's Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 23:16 PM »
No storms up here yet, but on Tuesday saw lots of swifts flying up the coast.  I thought they were escaping the bad weather further south.  Instead there’s been light rain mixed up with the Sahara and all the cars look very grungy.  The car wash companies must be delighted.

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 15:06 PM »
Greetings All,
Heavy rain started in Madrid coupla minutes ago and looks like it's here to stay  :dancing:
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline Ian

• Twitter: la_pasera
    • Tales from Toriello
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 16:09 PM »
Asturias here - We have had over 15 hours of strong,gusting winds from all directions, heavy rain overnight and sun inbetween dark and dismal sky. Looks as it is here to stay for a while.

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 16:38 PM »
Greetings Ian and All,
Yeah, but you're all used to that! Still p***ing down here!*

*That's pelting, just in case you were wondering  :technodevil:

Hold-on-to-yer-hollyhocks! regs.,
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266