Our friends on the good ship (yacht)Molly Mawk

• 2 Replies

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« on: April 12, 2014, 16:59 PM »
Once upon a time in the early days of  :sign: We had a young lady member called Roxanne who posted quite a lot.... Rox and her family have been away from Spain now for quite a long time.. I miss them... :) However, have a read of this amazing post over at the yacht molly mawk website....

Never mind the fact that this swamp is home to an abundance of alligators; “And don’t even think about the deadly vipers,” I tell myself as, clutching at the grassy tufts, I pull myself along in Emmanuel’s wake. Each footfall might find the thigh-thick trunk of an anaconda… but it’s best not to consider that danger; it’s best to keep one’s mind in the present moment and forget about fears. Somewhere in this mess of water and mud and tussocks and super-sized voracious mosquitoes lies the thing that we have come all this way to see. All being well, our reward for enduring such privations will be the privilege of meeting one of the last 5,000 giant anteaters remaining in the Americas.

http://www.yachtmollymawk.com/2014/04/conservation-land-trust/
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 17:01 PM »
Oh.... and you can see the huge amount of conversation the molly mawkers produced here on the forum....

http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=55;sa=showPosts

:)
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 09:31 AM »
Hi Clive
Yes we used to get some superb postings from Roxanne and Co. Seems such a long time ago, but wherever they are in the world the best of look to them
Dave