Iberianature Forum

Genets in Spain

• 3 Replies

Offline ladena

• Hay tantos caminos por andar...
    • River Ebro Apartments
« on: November 04, 2014, 21:21 PM »
Someone captured this video of a genet in our local Nature Reserve (Sebes Nature Reserve, Flix, Tarragona, Catalonia)
It is a first for the reserve but I was wondering how common these mammals are throughout Spain. Any facts and figures?
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=743934265643332&set=vb.183108221725942&type=2&theater

Dena
www.riverebroapartments.com
Accommodation in the Ebro Valley for walkers, birdwatchers, anglers and nature-lovers

Offline elmussol

• els Mussols
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 23:25 PM »
No stats or facts, but will say that we've seen 'em further down the Ebre Valley near us. I have also heard a reliable report from a friend, of a group stripping an about to be harvested cherry tree in his garden.
pault's blurb: location: Xerta, Tarragona province, Catalunya
talks tech, eco stuff & politics

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 12:01 PM »
There is a good population here in the Sierra de Grazalema but I haven't got numbers stats... Mostly they are seen dead on the road :( ... Being almost totally nocturnal and very shy they are rarely seen and even less studied...
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline ladena

• Hay tantos caminos por andar...
    • River Ebro Apartments
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 17:49 PM »
thanks ElMussol and Clive. Interesting to know they are further down the valley too.
www.riverebroapartments.com
Accommodation in the Ebro Valley for walkers, birdwatchers, anglers and nature-lovers