Kiersten Rowlands Nature blog.

• 43 Replies

Offline Maria

• Full Shroomy
  • Sierra Nevada
    • My personal website
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2018, 12:03 PM »
Sunset – the ever changing colours of the sky over Lanjaron

As you know living here in the Alpujarras, the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains, we are often treated to spectacular sunsets over Lanjaron (the gateway to the Alpujarras). March 8th was one of those evenings that didn’t disappoint. I took so many photos I thought I would share some of the forever changing colours. I have collected photos of the skies here for quite a number of years, you can view them at this link.

sunset

sunset

sunset

sunset

sunset

sunset

sunset

sunset

sunset

sunset

I even took a short video.

Why not come and see for yourself and maybe take a walk. Spring is the perfect … Read the rest

Source: Sunset – the ever changing colours of the sky over Lanjaron

Offline Maria

• Full Shroomy
  • Sierra Nevada
    • My personal website
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2018, 11:55 AM »
How fragile life is

A poppy seems, to me, a good example of how fragile life is. I photographed these beautiful poppies in the morning, a few hours later they were gone, gone for good.

Poppy

On Wednesday we were out in the eastern Sierra Nevada, as I slogged my way up a very wet and hot scree slope to the top I wondered why on earth I was doing this. I had to take a selfie on the summit of the mountain as Richard and Dexter had gone another route climbing up a snow gully and were not at the top when I got … Read the rest

Source: How fragile life is

Offline Maria

• Full Shroomy
  • Sierra Nevada
    • My personal website
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2018, 11:55 AM »
What night time visitors do we get in the garden?

Have you ever wondered what night time visitors you get in your garden? Well I did, I know we have them, they leave evidence behind, some more so than others! So I set up a camera trap that I’m lucky to have and hope never to have stolen.

wild boar

The original idea of having the camera trap was to locate where my Booted Eagle was nesting and attach it near there (obviously before nesting season so as not to disturb them), but that is still work in progress. In the meantime to learn how to use this I set it up … Read the rest

Source: What night time visitors do we get in the garden?

Offline Maria

• Full Shroomy
  • Sierra Nevada
    • My personal website
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2018, 11:55 AM »
I got married!

Actually I’ve been married a month now. Richard and I ran off to Gibraltar and got married on 30th June. Paperwork had to be handed in to the registry office between 8.30am and 10am at least a day before the wedding, so we decided we would drive down on the 28th to get the paperwork sorted on 29th and the wedding was booked for the 30th.

Wedding

Neither of us had been to Gibraltar before and we had a great time with Steph and Steve. Thanks to them both for kindly allowing us to stay with them and agreeing to be … Read the rest

Source: I got married!