Iberianature Forum

The return of JJ the wild boar

• 2 Replies

Offline Maria

• Full Shroomy
  • Sierra Nevada
    • My personal website
« on: July 08, 2015, 09:15 AM »
Thought you all might like to see a video of JJ (Juan Jabali) in our campo a couple of nights ago. It seems he was a little hot, like ourselves, and wanted a mud bath. I have been putting out water and fruit for the birds during this hot spell but they have not accepted any offerings. He ate the fruit, took a drink, knocked the water over, had a mud snooze, wandered off and destroyed some veggies and ate sweetcorn for pudding  :speechless: I am very happy to see this boar because he had a bounty on his head, I stopped posting about him on fb hoping it would help but I had not seen him for a very long time. In the meantime another smaller boar had moved in so I assumed the worst about JJ, so you can imagine how happy I was to see him on campocam  :) Love my boar.

https://youtu.be/-_Fr82Z6JPw

Offline quentin

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 20:17 PM »
Wonderful footage. I wonder if you soaked the ground he would wallow around for even longer. Maybe the small bore is a female and JJ is happy about her muscling in on the act. Do you reckon there is room on the settee for JJ as well as your three dogs?

Offline Maria

• Full Shroomy
  • Sierra Nevada
    • My personal website
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 20:36 PM »
Ha ha Andrew I'm certain JJ would wallow even longer if we had a wallowing area for him, sadly with lack of water that won't happen  :'( In the past we have watered areas that we wanted him to rotivate for us ha ha, clever boar. I think JJ would be bigger than our sofa, can you imagine our brave dogs, they would leave home  :o I think smaller boar is a male again (from the photos I've seen  :speechless:) He is now known as LJ (little juan).