Iberianature Forum

Greetings from Dorset

• 2 Replies

Offline Trik

« on: October 17, 2015, 16:38 PM »
We are keen amateur wildlife photographers and this September we returned to Spain for a holiday after a very long absence.  We were based in Andalucia and although everywhere was parched and there wasn't a great deal to see, let alone photograph, we liked it so much that we are returning next May, when there should be a lot more about.  One of the places we want to visit is Sierra de Nevada for its butterflies and other wildlife, and maybe when we return I shall be asking here for IDs!

Trik

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 16:50 PM »
Welcome to  sign

Post away and i'm looking forward to seeing your images.... You need to make 3 posts before you can upload images though :) It's our anti spam system...

Don't forget to look into the Sierra de Grazalema for your future Andalucian travels...
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline Trik

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 17:21 PM »
I think we spent a day in the Sierra de Grazalema this year - well, we passed through Grazalema and skirted Ronda.  Magnificent scenery but so dry this September - the only wild flowers we saw were some sort of shrubby ragwort (Sage Skippers on them, though), and, apart from Griffon Vultures, most birds were hiding or elsewhere.  We are looking forward to seeing a lot more activity next year.

Trik