Iberianature Forum

Big Game hunting in Spain

• 22 Replies

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 12:42 PM »
PS.
On the other hand it's only been two years since they were caught red-handed. And so the two-year jail sentence will now probably not be imposed (anyone out there a lawyer?).
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline Spanish Footsteps

• Spanish Footsteps
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 21:27 PM »
Hola

In todays Diario de Soria there was an article on a Hunter who was ordered to pay 1,754 euros to a driver who hit a Red Deer on the road and killed it.  This is the third incident of this type in CyL, where a hunter has been ordered to pay a motorist. 

Good idea, but I cant help thinking that more speed cameras would do a better job in preventing these incidents.  I have had deer jump infront of me on several ocassions, I drive slowly so I get to enjoy them pass.

alfredo
Discover the culturally rich province of Soria with Spanish Footsteps.
We provide unique walking holidays in Northern Spain.
For lovers of Nature, History and Culture.

www.spanishfootsteps.com

Unique walking holidays in Northern Spain

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 16:05 PM »
In English at the Olive Press website

http://www.theolivepress.es/2008/01/27/sick-safari-hunters-jailed-for-shooting-tigers-and-lions/

But the guy has gone to prison... And the law has enforced itself by placing someone in prison that broke it... 2 years probably is not enough but the fines hopefully will hit the guy even harder and maybe the business will fail due to this financial pressure...

The web site is at

"sierra-del-oro" and the English part is quite stunning in its absolute drivel... and it is a .com

Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey