Iberianature Forum

Pension advice

• 2 Replies

Offline Bob M

• Teflpedia
« on: August 05, 2017, 14:43 PM »
Hi all.

I used to be active here but I sort of dropped out some time ago.

But now I'm looking for some ideas from other expats.

I'm going to retire in about a year's time and I have a private pension plan in the UK with a significant transfer value. And I'm looking for a trustworthy impartial pension advisor to talk to about it.

Can anybody recommend a professional who works in this field?

(I am occasionally contacted by very well-spoken people from the UK who are very keen to offer advice and suggestions.  But as I strongly suspect they are more interested in improving their financial situation than they are helping with mine, I have little interest in talking to them.)

:)

Cheers.

Bob

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Full Shroomy
  • Sierra de Grazalema
    • Wildside Walking Holidays - Spain
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 01:04 AM »
ufff.... I reckon you are going to need someone who is up and running with the brexit plan as well (assuming that your pention is in the UK whilst you are living in Spain)..... Who knows what will happen on that level in a couple of years time? Surely you would be better looking at a UK pension and keeping it that way for the time being and finding a UK based accountant who can help.... I doubt if any Spanish company knows what to do.....
Explore the nature of Iberia at www.wildsideholidays.com

The beautiful town of Ronda, the City of Dreams?

The spectacular Caminito del Rey, El Chorro and Guadalhorce reservoirs El Camino del Rey

Offline Bob M

• Teflpedia
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 20:39 PM »
Sure.  In fact I was hoping that some Expat could recommend a UK company.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Bob