Iberianature Forum

Forested area of Spain.

• 63 Replies

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2011, 18:22 PM »
Greetings All,

Am posting this here and at the TV programmes thread for future cross-referencing purposes*. Just saw interesting documentary called Naturalmente on La 2 RTVE A la carta: Naturalmente. OK, so the source was the Centro Tecnológico Forestal de Cataluña, so as Simon insinuates, maybe it has to be taken with a pinch of salt (Sp. anyone?). No, but seriously, it did feature a 2-min. interview with my favourite Sp. nature chappie, Joaquín Araujo.

Look-after-'em-bosques-folks regs.,
Technopat

*No, Simon. Not cross purposes
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Simon

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2011, 12:28 PM »
How unkind of you Professor TP - I've never met an angry porpoise in my life! They are the bhuddist monks of the Cetacean community.

Regs

Simon

PS while we're om the subject;
"verb [ intrans. ] move through the water like a porpoise, alternately rising above it and submerging : the boat began to porpoise badly." - which I think describes Piqué's dancing ability quite adequately!

PPS more:

ORIGIN Middle English : from Old French porpois, based on Latin porcus ‘pig’ + piscis ‘fish,’ rendering earlier porcus marinus ‘sea hog.’

Simon

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2011, 00:11 AM »
A sort of PPPS: it's easy to forget how much good music there is out there - or perhaps was! this is for you P - whether you like it or not!

Enjoy

Simes

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2011, 00:23 AM »
Greetings Simon,
Although it forces me to stay (stray?) off topic, I graciously accept yer peace offering - only 'cos it happens to be one of me all-time favourites, on a par with "Steamroller Blues" with that great "I'm a churnin' urn of burnin' funk." (Sp. anyone?) :dancing:

Thanx.
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266