Iberianature Forum

'Shroom recipes

• 2 Replies

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« on: September 28, 2007, 11:29 AM »
Greetings All,
Popped over here to add to our long list of 'shroom recipes and can't find it ??? - was it just a fig. of my imag. or have we included previous recipes in other postings in other threads under other boards?
B. that as it m., and well aware that one of you (!) will point it out to me sooner or l., am setting up this one to try to be more methodical in my madness  :dancing:

This recipe, which is a starter, can be accompanied by mayonnaise - homemade, of course! - for those of you poor Brits who don't like garlic, but is much better with huge amounts of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alioli in which to dip the 'shrooms.
-
Recipe - oyster 'shrooms in breadcrumbs
- As many oyster 'shrooms as you think you can eat - I go for a min. of half-dozen small-to-med.-sized ones per person and eat what's left - or when the kids are looking at various things flying overhead, like pink elephants, etc.
- eggs for the number of 'shrooms required - I usually have enough with two for enough 'shrooms for four people
- breadcrumbs
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil

Beat egg - dip 'shrooms in egg, cover in breadcrumbs and sprinkle lightly with salt and p.
Lightly fry breaded 'shrooms in quite hot oil and fry until slightly browner than golden brown - I usually put 4 in the pan at a time
Drain oil and serve warm - neither hot nor cold
The idea is to get 'em crisp on the outside and that lovely 'shroomey texture on the inside, but it's like making pancakes - the last one is always the best one!

There's-'shrooms-in-the-air regs.,
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline lisa

• Full Shroomy
    • Accommodation and Activities in the Picos de Europa
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 22:13 PM »
I haven't contributed much here as I spend far too much time in the kitchen as it is but this one sounds good. I'm going to try dusting them in flour first to make the egg stick and I think a soured cream dip would be nice with them. Just add lemon juice to cream and throw in some chopped herbs. Chives or sage would go well.
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Accommodation, ski touring, snowshoeing, walking and info on the flora and fauna of the Picos de Europa.
SAVE SPANISH BEARS!
And now,
The Picos de Europa
Your complete English guide to these beautiful mountains of Northern Spain.

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 12:07 PM »
Greetings Lisa and All,
Do not - repeat - do not dust with flour - just pat the breadcrumbs in gently and leave (outside of fridge) for a while before frying.

Forgot to mention that, while I am in principle against buying ready-made sauces etc., there's an excellent alioli made by Chovi.

Regards,
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266