Iberianature Forum

Stuffed artichokes

• 5 Replies

Offline SueMac

• Susan Bearder
« on: September 28, 2007, 12:49 PM »
TP has reminded me of this recipe which was one of the courses at Paco and Paqui's wedding dinner.I have no idea if it is already in the Spanish cookery books. Large artichoke hearts with centres scooped out. Pork or veal minced with the usual suspects I think but also with a salsa blanca topped off with lots of cheese grilled and served very hot. This was absolutely yummy and I am going to try and clone it.  Any known recipe would be a help tho'.SueMac
SueMac

Now mainly blogging on www.suevista.blogspot.com Vistas from Afar - A European Garden Blog

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 13:45 PM »
Greetings SueMac,
Mrs Technopat is responsible for that particular dish in this household - I'll try and wheedle her recipe out of her:
Technopat: Mmmm, you know what I fancy for dinner night?
Mrs Technopat: Can't you prepare something? I don't feel like doing much cooking this evening and I've still got to finish that report.
Technopat: Right kids - does anyone feel like stuffed artichokes this weekend?
Technopatlets (in unison): Yeeessss! Pleeeease!
Technopat: I'll buy some this afternoon and you can help her prepare 'em.  :dancing:

Regs.,
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 13:55 PM »
PS.
Unless of course someone else among the iberianatureforumers comes out with the recipe in question first and then Technopat just gets to enjoy the s. artichokes without having to type the thing out later  :technodevil:
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:

Offline SueMac

• Susan Bearder
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 07:42 AM »
TP
 Please can you give me a couple of ideas about stuffed artichokes off the top of your head - thats probably all I need to get me going.  My mother arrives from UK on Sunday and I always try to cook Spanish recipes when she is here. Except I am trying to persuade her to make her steak and stilton pie while she is here....SueMac
SueMac

Now mainly blogging on www.suevista.blogspot.com Vistas from Afar - A European Garden Blog

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 17:51 PM »
Greetings SueMac,
Here's Mrs Technopat's recipe:
At least 2 ‘chokes per person
cut stalks & tops of leaves off  (to make tops & bottoms flat)
scoop out centres and most leaves, leaving a 3-to-4 leaf thick wall (awful waste of leaves and hearts but Mrs TP is adamant)
squeeze juice of 1 lemon over them (to prevent going black)
boil ‘chokes in salted water with rest of lemon juice for max. ten mins – don’t let ‘em go soggy
sauté thinly sliced ‘shrooms with bit of parsley
bechamel (add bit of sugar, salt and nutmeg)
add ‘shrooms to some of bechamel and use as filling for ‘chokes
place elegantly in oven-proof dish & use rest of bechamel to cover everything
sprinkle lightly with Parmesan
grill till lightly toasted
Enjoy!

Regs.,
Technopat

PS.
Hope your Mum has a nice time here in Spain!

PPS.
If it doesn't come out all right on the night, remember it's whose recipe it is ...  :technodevil:

Offline SueMac

• Susan Bearder
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 18:18 PM »
Many thanks to Mrs TP  and I shall be having a go at this
SueMac
SueMac