Iberianature Forum

Yet another golf course authorised through creative law-changing

• 0 Replies

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« on: October 26, 2007, 15:42 PM »
Greetings All,
Although this is now "old" news from a couple of weeks back, I only came across it last night when someone asked my opinion on it - and I knew naught:

Aguirre autoriza un campo de golf en suelo agrícola en Alcalá
El terreno, considerado "de especial protección" cambia de uso por la Ley de Medidas Urgentes

La parcela está situada en el antiguo centro de experimentación agrícola del Ministerio de Agricultura, una finca de 550 hectáreas donde se desarrollaban investigaciones agrarias. En 2005 fue troceada en cuatro zonas para poder adaptarla a los planes del Ejecutivo regional. Dos terceras partes de los terrenos fueron declaradas urbanizables. El otro tercio forma parte de la finca en la que ahora se construirá el campo de golf.
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/madrid/Aguirre/autoriza/campo/golf/suelo/agricola/Alcala/elpepuespmad/20071013elpmad_5/Tes

This is of course the same president of a CA that before summer (around the time she was modifying the law with her emergency measures) accused the central government of not being able to guarantee water supplies to Madrid ...

At the time of the land in question being transferred to the Madrid regional government some years back, the person who asked my opinion above said that it would only be a matter of time before someone started building on it ...

Although the land is public, the course will be private. If any other iberianatureforumer fancies posing as a Brit. golfer and joining yours truly for a round, am preparing a collection of voles etc. for dropping down every other hole on the course. :dancing:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 16:04 PM by Technopat »
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266