Iberianature Forum

Tinned Mushrooms

• 3 Replies

Offline spanishfreelander

• Badajoz
« on: November 16, 2007, 20:32 PM »
Can i just say,that tonight we couldnt get any fresh Mushrooms in the supermarket and i made the mistake of buying a tin of them to add to my pan of fried onions,garlic,and tomatoes(to go with our grilled chicken breasts).

Whoever thought of the idea of putting Mushrooms in a tin??
I forgot how disgusting they really where!

Does anyone use them from the forum...and if you do..please tell me why?   ;D ;D ;D
Dave

Offline Technopat

• Full Shroomy
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 21:24 PM »
Gross, Dave!
If you don't try harder will have to lobby the ps-t-b to take away a star - or two - from a certain iberianatureforumer  >:D

What next? Tortillas made with powdered egg? Frozen tortilla?

Keeping-me-beady-eye-on-you regs.,
Technopat
Technopat's disclaimer: If this posting seems over the top and/or gets your goat (Sp. anyone?), please accept my apologies and don't take it personally - it's just my instinctive tendency to put my foot in it whenever/wherever possible. See also:
http://www.iberianatureforum.com/index.php/topic,266

Offline lisa

• Full Shroomy
    • Accommodation and Activities in the Picos de Europa
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 21:48 PM »
Our neighbour bungs them in her snail stew and when I suggested she used fresh she looked at me as if I was mad....so there you go.
www.picos-accommodation.co.uk
Accommodation, ski touring, snowshoeing, walking and info on the flora and fauna of the Picos de Europa.
SAVE SPANISH BEARS!
And now,
The Picos de Europa
Your complete English guide to these beautiful mountains of Northern Spain.

Offline Dave

• Full Shroomy
  • León
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 18:00 PM »
Hi Everbody
Tinned mushrooms go fine with powdered egg when making tortillas, especially if you are going to freeze them  :-[
Actually we do use them in stews, and it makes little difference if they are fresh or tinned, but pan frying No!!!!
Regards
Dave